Cypress Creek Emergency Medical Services (CCEMS)
Cypress Creek EMS is the 9-1-1 emergency medical provider for a portion of Harris County just north of Houston, Texas that is larger in population and land mass than the city limits of Atlanta, Georgia. Fourteen full time and four peak ambulances respond to about 45,000 emergency calls each year. Since its inception in 1975, CCEMS has established itself as an innovator in the field of prehospital medicine with many firsts to its credit.
Click here to read more about CCEMS
- First EMS use of Whole Blood on a Trauma Patient in the U.S.
- First Tactical Medic Team to Carry Whole Blood
- First Full-Time Tactical Medic Team
- Among the First in U.S. to deploy the Lucas CPR compression device
- Developed Heart Attack Protocols that are now common EMS practice
- American Heart Association Gold Plus Award for Heart Attack Care
- Multiple Code STEMI Awards for Cardiac Care – Methodist Willowbrook
- Multiple Door to tPA Awards for Stroke Care – Methodist Willowbrook